Kristy L. Bennett, Esq.
Kristy Bennett is a founding partner at Johnson & Bennett with almost two decades of experience before the Mississippi, Tennessee and federal courts. Attorney Bennett has focused her practice on employment law, personal injury and civil rights.
She has argued before the Fifth Circuit, the Mississippi Supreme Court, the Mississippi Court of Appeals, and the Tennessee Court of Appeals. She has tried more than 30 cases and negotiated numerous settlements for her clients over the years. Attorney Bennett is focused on ensuring her clients receive the best information to make decisions on their cases. While she has handled many types of cases over two decades, employment law is the area of law that Attorney Bennett loves most.
In 2002, while working for a boutique employment law firm in Tupelo, Mississippi, Attorney Bennett won a $1.7 million jury verdict for her clients in a reverse race discrimination case. *
She later served as Legal Director for the ACLU of Mississippi, where she handled civil rights claims against government entities. In a landmark case, she successfully advocated for the right of an Itawamba teen to take her girlfriend to the prom.
A strategic negotiator, Attorney Bennett achieved a $1 million settlement in a DUI dram shop case, which allowed the injured auto crash victim to recover damages from the bar that served the drunk driver.
Attorney Bennett is a native of Memphis, Tennessee and resides with her husband and three children in Desoto County, Mississippi.
Call Kristy Bennett for Your Free Consultation
Employment and personal injury attorney Kristy Bennett is available to help you. Call Johnson & Bennett to schedule your free case evaluation today.
Areas of Practice
- Employment law
- Medical Leave issues
- Overtime law violations
- Sexual harassment
- Personal injury
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Mississippi, 1999
- Tennessee, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 2016
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, 1999
- Dean’s List, fall 1997
- Outstanding Student Award — International Law, fall 1998
- Harry L. Case Memorial Scholarship
- Albert N. Hopkins Scholarship
- B.S., University of Mississippi, 1996
- Major in English
- Cum laude
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- McMillen v. Itawamba County Sch. Dist., 702 F. Supp. 2d 699 (N.D. Miss. 2010)
- Phillips ex rel. Phillips v. Monroe County, Miss., 311 F.3d 369 (5th Cir. 2002)
- Brown v. Mississippi Valley State University, 311 F.3d 328 (5th Cir. 2002)
- Henley v. Edlemon, 297 F.3d 427 (5th Cir. 2002)
- Gary Dean Lambert v. State of Mississippi, 941 So.2d 804 (Miss. 2006)
- Lancaster v. Stevens, 961 So.2d 768 (Miss. App. 2007)
- Paz v Brush Engineered Materials, Inc., 445 F.3d 809 (5th Cir. 2006)
- Young v. Hoseman, 2009 WL 614912 (S.D. Miss 2009)
- Knight v. Miss. Dept. of Public Safety, 2007 WL 2219327 (S.D. Miss. 2007)
- Weinrich v. Levi Strauss & Co., 366 F.Supp.2d 439 (S.D. Miss. 2005)
- Barnes v. Saulsberry et al., 2014 WL 7335795
*Disclaimer: Results are not typical.